Moron with a VTEC sticker on his Eclipse

I just HAD to laugh. This guy pulls up next to me with his fartcan muffler and his stereo that you can barely hear when he's not gunning the gas. It actually doesn't look too bad. Nice paint, nice wheels, DOH! I see the VTEC sticker behind his door. It's a freaking late 90's Mitsu Eclipse with V6 badges on the fender!! Hey nice turbo badge too. Too bad the Mitsu 2.5L V6 never came with a turbo.

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

Or the fact that a V6 wasn't placed in an Eclipse until 2000, when they killed the body style.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Well... maybe he found a way to stuff one in there!

Reply to
SVTKate

True, but there's no chip mod out there to put a turbo on the 2.5 Mitsu. So even if he physically fit it in there, he couldn't run a turbo. It's the same block as the 3.0, but a completely different 'puter.

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

Man, I didn't even think about that at the time. I was laughing too hard. I know my '97 Dodge Avenger was based on a stretched Galant platform but generally used the Eclipse drivetrain and suspension. Hell they even stole the interior from the Eclipse. It had the 2.5 V6 in it. What a dog. 170HP. Sheesh, and this was supposed to be Dodge's "ponycar" entry for those dark years. Pretty car, but no balls, and no mods available for the V6. They shoulda put a V8 in it, like they were using in the IROC series. Or at least kept the VR4 drivetrain as an option. Sadly, an 80 year old man took out my Avenger @ 60 MPH. If only he coulda waited till I was OUT of it to hit me. Oh well, He's paying for the new motor, tranny, and paint on the HCS.

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

There are plenty of stand alone computers out there..... you can turbo ANY-FRICKIN-THING these days.

Reply to
John Smith

I'm talking about a chi[ mod to the original 'puter. There isn't one for this motor. I went nuts trying to find one when I owned it. It's not out there, Try

. These guys have bitched for YEARS about this motor.

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams