New Charger ad, more crap

Why do I find that extremely hard to believe? Or is one Harley with a poor ass rider the only thing you have ever out run?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I'm not a die hard biker by any stretch so maybe something is lost on me. I do know many people the ride Hondas, Yamahas etc. that are very passionate about riding. They put many more miles on their motorcycles than some people put on their cars. They put on the miles because of their love of riding. I guess I see riding bikes just like driving cars, shooting guns, playing golf or any other activity that is pleasurable. I don't need to manufacture my car, guns or golf clubs to thoroughly enjoy the activity. I also don't have a problem with those that do enjoy the hands-on approach to building their own equipment.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I've been wearing a FF helmet since '90. Took some getting used to as it was almost like having my head entombed in a coffin with a small window. That's the same year I started riding with a windshield.

Doesn't matter to me whether people ride with a FF helmet, 3/4 helmet, 1/2 helmet, beanie helmet or no helmet.

We don't have a helmet law here in ID for adults so that's a refreshing change from CA where Dick Floyd crammed it down our throats.

It's amazing how many bugs get splattered all over the helmet, gloves, and leathers w/o a 'shield. Not a whole lot of fun cleaning that crap off.

-=G

Reply to
Grumbler

Ah yes; You can always tell the quality individuals when they start the attacks because they get upset when you criticize something they own.

-Rich

Reply to
michaelanderson4

I'd never try to run against a real bike.

Reply to
michaelanderson4

Envy? That's a good one. If I ever decide to buy a bike, it won't be a lead weight with 1940s technology. Here's a bike to envy:

Rich

FWIW, have never been interested stoplight to stoplight grand prixs nor 1/4 mile drag racing for that matter in a car or motorcycle.

When it comes to motorcycle and performance, the most important category to *me* would be passing slower cars and such on 2-lane roads as quickly as possible.

Used to own a sportbike, and while it was extremely fast, the only way to enjoy it was to ride it fast otherwise it was just another boring bike. OTOH, with a Harley-Davidson or a metric cruiser, one can just relax and enjoy the ride as they're visceral, emotive, and make one feel good while out on the scenic backroads.

-=G

Reply to
Grumbler

Now this man gets it and no further explanation required!

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I don't know because the only people dreaming there is Dodge and yourself. I'll say this one more time, if you don't get it this time you're on your own. We all know the advertised specs for both trucks. As I said before the Nissan is pushing at least 340 hp. The *fact* is that the Nissan Titan *is* faster and more powerful than the equivilant hemi powered Dodge. Period. Refer to the last post and email Stillen and get the dyno numbers. Ask people that goto the track. One guy I know online put his Titan crew against his dads hemi crew at the track, the hemi lost 3 out of 4 even though his dad kicked his ass on R/T. Yeah, the Titan is only 305 HP and the 03 Cobra was only 390 and the 87 Grand National was only 235.....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote in news:WLh5f.5941$vk1.4751@dukeread04:

So what color is the sky in your world?

Reply to
Joe

Bright red, the color of Joe when the rice rocket Nissan kicks his Dodges ass.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote in news:5zA5f.6224 $vk1.3553@dukeread04:

That's a pretty stupid comparison.

Reply to
Joe

Cleaning... CLEANING??? My riding season is much too short to spend any of it an something that mundane... 8^)

Reply to
Jim Warman

Rich.... anyone riding that is going to look like a puppy f*cking a football. Where does your "significant other" ride? What part of nature will you see with your nose stuffed into your front tire?

While you may consider yourself a modern technology buff, candles will always be more romantic than LEDs. Oh... to speed the paramedics response, don't forget to carry a stick and a spoon so they can put you on the stretcher...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Hey!!! Enough of that "grey" shit... It's light red.... much lighter than it used to be, but it's still light red...

Reply to
Jim Warman

My wife and I periodically go up to Skyline Drive in the Blue Ridge Mountains and it is also a popular road with bikers. To get up there you have to take several miles of switch backs. The crotch rocket riders will fly past my Explorer and more times than I can remember I will go another mile and they will have gone over the edge or their bike is plastered up against the guard rail. I've never seen a Harley rider go over the side. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I'd rather be a Greybeard then an old fat guy. :) Gravity is a bitch.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

My buddy is a 25 year paramedic here in the Montreal area. He says that probably 75% of the motorcycle accidents he gets called to are sportsbikes, and there's no car involved. He's *never* seen a solo Harley accident.

[obligatory Ford content] Harleys are the Crown Vics of the bike world. Check my sig to see where I stand on Harleys ...

zëkë

Reply to
Zeke-baby

When it comes to bikes if you ride fast you die fast.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

True, which means no one ever gets hurt falling off a Harley!

-Rich

Reply to
Rich