Finally got my '05 :)

Took delivery last Monday night (11-22). Very happy with the car so far, but must spend a little more time with it to give a fair evaluation.

Here's some pics:

TnT

Very sweet ride. Im buying the same car except convertible and the black/red interior. Dealer is tormenting me with this mid Feb 05 delivery date.

Reply to
Alowishious

"TnT" wrote in news:OGfpd.135$ snipped-for-privacy@fe03.lga:

Real nice. So how's that Shaker system sound? Awesome garage, btw.

Joe

Reply to
Spider

Beautiful car! :)

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

really nice and a great looking shop to park it in good luck with that

05stang sweet dude
Reply to
Salmon Slayer

very sweet. congrats. Red seems to be THE color for this car. Like osmeone else alreayd asked, how's that shaker audio system ? Does it handle some serious bass okay ?

Rein

You'll have to bring her down here to West TN to show her off!

Reply to
SVTKate

The Shaker 1000 sounds excellent, well worth the extra $$, IMO. It's very bassy-sounding, but thankfully can be adjusted to suit various music tastes. One thing I didn't expect was the trunk rattle when the bass is hitting. Even at moderate bass settings, there's this constant noise coming from around/underneath the trunk area. Several '05 owners in the Stangnet forum report no rattles in their 1000 systems, so it may be something inherent to that type of system that I'm just not accustomed to

Mike

Reply to
TnT

In retrospect, I kind of wish I'd gotten the light graphite. The dark charcoal creates quite a midnight atmosphere in the car, especially with the absence of the IUP. It's all good though; dark colors hide dirt :)

So far, there's a shortage of the IUP and spoilers, correct? I hope Ford wasn't shortsighted on anything else that would further delay the delivery of your car! Best of luck, hope you get it soon.

Mike

> id=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos> >

Reply to
TnT

You're able to order a convertible already? A friend holding out for the 'verts will be thrilled to hear that! I've seen a few pics of the topless '05s and they are indeed beautiful . Hope to see some pics when you take delivery :)

> id=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos> >

Reply to
TnT

Reply to
Spider

The shaker seems to be able to handle anything you throw at it. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of bass the trunk sub produces. So much so that it vibrates the body quite nicely; kind of like having a massage chair in the car :)

Mike

Reply to
TnT

Hi Kate,

Already got 200 miles on her and I have a feeling that the wheels will get pointed Westward sometime in the future :)

Mike

Btw, found a new local club called 'Horseplay Mustang Club'. Talked to the leader and found that alot of the folks were former members of the Queen City Mustang Club. Apparently, they weren't too happy with the name either, LOL!

| id=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos> |

Reply to
TnT

Thank you all for the kind comments. It's been a huge thrill so far to be back in the Mustang spirit after a long hiatus.

The one side-effect I wasn't prepared for was the attention that these cars receive. Thumbs-up by people driving alongside, kids pointing, conversations with strangers at mini-marts, and just general staring, etc. I'm a quiet/reserved person by nature, so this unexpected phenomenon is a bit embarrassing. But, it's been interesting :)

Mike

id=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos>

Reply to
TnT

Sorry, wanted to be more clearer about the rattle: the noise I'm referring to can only be heard at the outside rear of the car. The inside is tight as a drum and rattle-free when the volume is turned up.

Mike

Reply to
TnT

Mustangs are a great way to meet new people. I was sitting outside Home Depot the other day, (ran out for a smoke) and two guys out in the parking lot were loading a customer's goods into a pickup. One of the guys pointed to my car and said to his buddy "Now THAT car will get up and go!" his buddy didn't have any idea why he thought so. I was like a fly on the wall listening to these two guys talking about my car, all of it good.

I enjoy the attention. I have met allot of fantastic folks just because of my beat up old Ford :0

Reply to
SVTKate

I KNOW you are going to think this is nuts, but check your rear license plate and plate frame. It's quite possible it is the culprit. If it is, you can get little adhesive backed rubber bumpers to put under it to stop it's rattling.

Reply to
SVTKate

That's a good idea, but unfortuately there's no license plate or frame at all right now, only a paper temp tag.

Mike

Reply to
TnT

rats. you know it has to be some little thing, maybe some wiring inside that is just up against the inside of the deck lid or the trunk liner or some such silly little thing. Has it not driven you bananas yet?

Reply to
SVTKate