New noise. What is it??

Had my breaks checked the other day. The driver's side brake pad was cracked. Calipers looked fine. Everything else looked okay, too. I'm still going to upgrade as soon as I'm not poor anymore.

NOW, I've started hearing a whirring sound come from the front of the car, only when the car is moving. When I brake, the sound goes away. Any ideas what this could be? Bearing, possibly?

Thanks all!

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

C. Olofsson

Not yet.

bearing noise usually gets worse when loaded

Yes, to me, too. The mechanic used some stuff to glue the pad so it wouldn't move around, and that is when the new noise started. It's still there. I'm not sure what I'll do. I have $400 to spend after selling my '94 Cobra rims. Replace broken windshield...or...heh heh hehhe ehh...upgrade to Cobra front brake kit???

Hm...decisions, decisions.

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

C. Olofsson