Tired of it

Jeezus I'm tired of hearing about all this horsepowered.com crap! This guy is bugging this NG so badly that several of the recent posts are about what he's doing & his damn site instead of Mustangs! boooo!! I don't like it either, but damn...

Just my .02 cents.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Well.. they did manage to take over the group worse than any troll I've ever seen.

As far as my posts.. I don't really give a rip where they appear as long as they are unaltered or used out of context I'm a mean & nasty ol' broad, no shame in that.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Ya know,

It has been said, there is no such thing as bad publicity. All of these posts are probably making people go to his site just to see what the big deal is. I know I went, just to see... DOH!

CoogarXR

1983 351w Project
Reply to
CoogarXR

Who is "they"? The ones who've been bitching about horsepowered.com are RAMFM regulars.

As for trolls, ask dwight to tell you about his visit to alt dot trolls. Not to mention Sara's dealings with Kaditcha Man.

"SVTKate" wrote in news:pidtb.31442$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Joe

One of their regulars in a recent post wondered where all the guests were coming from. LOL!

Reply to
C. Olofsson

LOL

That is kinda funny

Anyway.. i dunno what to do about the "thieving" troll as some like to say.. I personally don't like it either & will send a complaint to his host & whoever else I can, but I'm not even gonna waste a lot of time posting here about what a dick the guy is... sure he's doing stuff most of us don't like, but I think we should handle it in a different manner.. the initial posts letting everybody know what was going on is great.. but the constant ranting is kinda annoying now.. lets get back to our mustang talks! Yay to Mustangs... BOO to trolls. Again just my .02 cents.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Yeah I don't mind my posts being archived/used elsewhere at all... as long as they do remain UNALTERED & I mean 100% original... EVERY post being there. Not filtering out what the owner/administrator doesn't want there. And no you're not mean & nasty... just don't like asswipes ;D. None of us do. Oh well.. such is life (problems) I've discovered..

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

LOL.. so did I

Reply to
SVTKate

He's doing the same thing dejanews (now google) does. I don't see anyone here complaining about groups.google.com.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

He's filtering through messages that he doesn't want to appear. That isn't what google does.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Ok I went to his web-site yet again. I'm really tired of hearing about all this crap. I don't see any actual posts CONTENTS being edited... so I don't care. What he wants to do is his own thing. Our posts aren't being "changed" (the text that we type). He may be filtering some messages out for whatever reason (I'm pretty damn sure it's to prevent himself from looking like an ass). Frankly, I don't care. I know my posts are going everywhere. It's just part of it. Burning gas is part of driving a car. I'm not going to let one dick monkey get in my way of enjoying this NG & the extremely knowledge-filled people in it. This NG has saved me so much $$ & helped sooooo much. Anyway.. it doesn't appear as if he's trying to claim our posts are "his" or that we are "his members". See below:

"Usenet Ford Mustang Discussions rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang The posters in this newsgroup are not registered members of HorsePowered.com"

So my posts on his site doesn't bother me at all. My posts on google doesn't bother me. My posts on www.g***se.cx wouldn't bother me. They're bound to be everywhere. I don't think it's a GOOD thing what this guy is doing, but I am not gonna let it eat me alive. Just my .02 cents.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Alright then... I see. I just had a quick glance at it and didn't notice that. In that case I will complain to him and if he doesn't either show no RAMFM posts or show all of them unfiltered and unedited I'll complain to his provider. It's all or nothing... I can see filtering out SPAM, but anything else is not right.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

I agree. I won't let it get to me, but I don't think it's right to be 'censoring' the newsgroup. It should be all or nothing. So I'll complain, but I'm not gonna get all worked up over it. It's just the internet, I ahve a life and that's where I'd rather spend the vast majority of my time and effort.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Excellently worded (dunno if that's worded correctly ;D)

Reply to
<memset