OT: Clip-art needed.

Does anyone have a clip-art image of a rook/chess piece.

something like one of these links

Thank you,

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Not being a Chess player... but, isn't that a Knight? I think the Rook is the Castle...????

I'll look and see if I can find you anything.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

Psst.. Don! Hey ya goof.... resize and crop those images, those on dialup (like poor lil ol me for now) are taking a real hit to download them *grin* Kate

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

You are right!

It actually has a different name...a proper name. I can't remember what it is though.

I will see about resizing it...though you need to get with the times and get your hose setup with some high-speed internet.

LOL

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Gotta GET a house first! The one we have a bid on is owned by stupid people, they are dragging their feet. Seems the gal is so dense her realtor is having to hold her hand. I'm disgusted, tomorrow I go hunting again.

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

if you need clip art, the go to another newsgroup... like: alt.binaries.clip-art and get anything you might need... alot better looking stuff than you have on that one you posted.....and alot more clearer.... for sure...

Reply to
jim

sheesh that is too bad Kate... find what you like only to have to start over.

Maybe the agent will talk some sense into her... This should be a buyer's market based on the economy.. one would think.

Motel lines and Air Card just don't have the speed that Cable modems provide.. especially graphics

Hope you get a deal rolling soon... heck if you had come to Colorado you would be in by now and we have 70 MPH speed limits too.

Gerry Ft Collins, Co

Reply to
Gerry

These people can make just about anything-->

2.3Sleeper wrote:
Reply to
Gill

Go away stupid person.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I wish I had the ascii for flipping the bird LOL

I dont WANT to live in Colorado, I'll just have to come terrorize you!

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

I don't think he was bring rude intentionally, there are some fantastic clipart groups that have a plethora of goodies , it might be worth a shot.

Though... I laughed my ass off at your response!

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

calling me stupid for suggesting a site for the best clip art that you can get and comparing it to what you posted is just stupid on your part... go there and get what you need stupid........ hows that maybe you understand now??????????????????

Reply to
jim

Well, I took it as being rude, especially after I researched some of his other posts. Besides not being exceptionally literate when it comes to typing, he is somewhat abrupt.

Maybe it is because he doesn't know me that he assumes I am of a lesser mind. I did in fact post in alt.binaries.clip-art, as well as the other two clip-art ng's that are carried on my server. It also sounded to me as if he was knocking what I posted on my server.

What I posted was a digital pic of a client invoice and a digital pic of the company logo on a t-shirt. Obviously they aren't going to be what I want or I wouldn't be asking. I was looking for something better, or I wouldn't have posted at all.

What gets me the most though, is that almost every NG is compiled of a diverse group of people who have vastly different backgrounds or jobs. The information that can be culled from the NG members is usually quite valuable. That is the reason for posting *OT:* in a NG. Many times, I will post within the NG first because I know those within and can usually trust whatever information they send my way.

Also, I was just plain being crappy because I didn't get to go to the church tonight and play table tennis.

Glad you liked it though.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

This post was stupid in my opinion. You don't know me so I guess you can assume that I wouldn't go through the 30k plus images on the clip-art cd's, or go to the 3 clip-art ng's carried on my server, or that I am ignorant about such things. That is okay I suppose. Would it have helped you had I been more clear in my definition of what I needed by stating that I needed some clip-art that resembled the two images I put up for viewing on my server? You did understand that the images were there for clarification purposes didn't you? It almost sounds to me as if you though maybe the images I posted were done by me or clip-art I already had? Anyhow, I think my point was lost on you during the original post.

**I went there at the same time, found what I needed, and found even more from members of this NG. So, if one cancels the other out am I just normal now? Or **am I still stupid? I think I am smart! I am going to try something here. Maybe this will help you brush up on the netiquette of NG posting. **Hey Don, **You might want to try posting in alt.binaries.clip-art and see if anyone in there can help as well. The images you posted should be a good indicator of what you **are trying to find, although one of them is a bit unclear. Also, what exactly you are wanting was a bit unclear to me, so maybe you could explain a little bit better.

**Thanks,

**Jim

Your typing and punctuation skills are lacking. Maybe if you took the time to edit your posts properly, I would be able to understand YOU a little bit better and not assume that YOU are stupid.

Thanks, Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Hmmm, my server seems to have thrown in some unneeded asterisks. Time to dump and refresh.

Don Manning

posted.....and

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Plethora? Would you say, we have a plethorrra of badges?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I do that at least wice a day....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Badges? BADGES?? We don' need no steenking....

LOL

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

Well.. Don, you may be an ugly boy *grin*, but you certainly arent stupid LOL

s:bs0ju2$8fet1$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-165082.news.uni-berlin.de...

posted.....and

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)