OT: Goodbye, Ronald Reagan.

Okay, here we go...

See, this is what is wrong with the US... you need Marines in heaven to protect you? Krist, get over yourselves. Yeah, God needs Marines.

Brad

Reply to
Brad

Michael Johnson, PE

Reply to
Brad

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Brad, as evidenced by his many post to that effect, hates the US and just can't keep it to himself, effing blowhard!

Reply to
Dennis

I think Brad has USA Penis Envy!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 01:40:06 -0400, "Refinish King" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Why would he have Penis envy when he is one?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

No, I love the US. Best country in the world. Unfortunately, it is also the worst.

Can someone answer the question why in "heaven" Ronnie (and God) will need marines for protection? Seriously guys... this is getting sad.

Brad

(PS: I (used) to know many marines. I went to a military college. I just don't absorb the propaganda mindlessly.)

Reply to
Brad

It's already been answered by Michael Johnson. "The story was a testament to Reagan's great relationship with the military and not meant to be taken literally. " We understand what it means, it's of no particular importance that you don't.

I agree. You need to let go of what you don't understand.

Expressing great respect for the man is propaganda? Go soak your head, Brad. Preferably in heavy weight motor oil.

Reply to
Mark

"Brad" wrote

That has GOT to be the stupidest f-cking thing I've ever read. You really want to say we're worse than the former Taliban government in Afghanistan!?!?! or worse than Saddam?!?!?! When was the last time in the US a woman was taken out and then beaten or stoned to death for baring an ankle?!?! Or a man beheaded and buried in an unmarked mass grave for disagreeing with the president. You have GOT to be kidding me!!

Umm, State Funeral with full military honors. I mean, it's not like he was the F-cking Commander in Chief or someone important!!

Dude, did you learn ANYTHING in social studies in high school, let alone anything you might have learned in college (if you attended). Hell I learned most of that stuff by 8th grade.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

What kind of schizophrenic answer is this? These are the kind of statements made by people who don't want to say what they really feel. Either this is the case or you're severely ignorant of history.

You are quite dense. You surely aren't so stupid you can't grasp the concept behind the words on the marine's sign?

Just because you used to know some marines doesn't mean you really KNOW marines. This is quite obvious. You say this garbage in casual conversation around any of the marines I know and you might be doing some praying on your own behalf or making an appoint with your dentist for some repairs.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote >You say this garbage in casual

Hell, he'll more likely be praying for his right to exist. I don't just know some Marines, I worked with'em when I was in the Air Force. My former brother and father in law were both marines. Honor and Duty are all they think about. F-ck with either of those things and you're taking your life into your own hands. Marines are killing machines, pure and simple. That's what they are trained to do. They win through pure attrition. They kill more of the enemy than they kill of us- we win. That's why the other services joke that the common marine is a bit *off*. Hence the term jarhead. USMC screwed off the top of their head and took out their brain and put in what they wanted. They don't think like the rest of us when it comes to this sorta stuff. Which IMHO is a *good* thing. Semper Fidelis!

Reply to
66 6F HCS

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 05:50:11 GMT, "Brad" wrote something wonderfully witty:

You're right, but unfortunately what is sad is the waste of money you spent on an education if you cannot grasp what a symbolic gesture is. It wasn't meant to be taken literally.

Apparently you don't use your mind at all. That is also sad.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:52:24 GMT, "Ralph Snart" wrote something wonderfully witty:

He will only be in the glass case so that Monica can't get to him one last time.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Sounds like a "Weekend at Bernie's" type of event or should I say "Weekend at Slick Willie's"? BTW, did he earn that nick name from a take off his first name or was the state in which Monica kept his pecker. :)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Again, there is a time and a place...

*Flame witheld*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I have MANY times taken issue with some of your remarks, as I am sure that you have done with mine. and have managed to "bite my tongue until it bleeds"

I think I have decided that I don't like the taste of it any more.

Kate

| | > Although it seems you think it is some type of defense for you. | | Not at all. Internet is a haven for people like you. | >

| > >I never said anything remotely disrespectful about Reagan, and so what if | I | > >called him a cheesy B-rated movie star who acted his entire way through | > >office? Whoopee! | > >

| > >You're too fricking uptight, man, get a hold of yourself. | > >

| > >Cindy | > >

| > If I am uptight, what does that make you? Loose? | | LoL! If you only knew. | >

| > Perhaps I just have a tad more class then you do. | | Let's take a vote, hm? | | I'm taking Ralph's advice and letting this thread die on my end. 87 octane | is $2.39 here in Northern CA. | | Cindy | |

Reply to
SVTKate

and YOU are a ditz.

| > >Um, excuse me, I wasn't criticizing anybody! Ever hear of FREEDOM OF | SPEECH? | > >

| > >I think you both need to chill out! | > >

| > >Cindy | > >

| > You ever heard of having some respect for the dead or a modicum of | > class? There is a time & a place for everything. You apparently | > aren't aware of that either. | > >

| > -- | >

| > You can run, but you'll only die tired. | >

| > ZombyWoof | |

Reply to
SVTKate

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:53:36 GMT, "SVTKate" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Desertion in the ranks?

Reply to
ZombyWoof