OT: Goodbye, Ronald Reagan.

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:20:01 GMT, "SVTKate" wrote something wonderfully witty:

While I know that talking in generalizations or absolutes can always come back to bite one in the ass let me say this about that. Having lived in numerous Southern states, Texas, Florida (Panhandle near the Alabama border), North Carolina and currently Virginia for the past 10 years, along with a three year stint in California (SunnyVale and San Jose) I can say with a certain level of certainty that I have found the people in the South to be much more friendly & neighborly. I've also found them to be a lot less judgmental on a lot of issues. Particularly on the gun ownership issue. Those in the south do tend to own more firearms, yet those who do not do not seem to be all that judgmental against those who do not. Personally I'll take living in the Southern states over almost any other place I've ever lived. Folks are more friendly & a lot less judgmental IMHO.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Ahhhh BUT! Does he have a Mustang?????

Kate

| > > Michael Moore is a loud obnoxious baffoon.... | > >

| > > "WindsorFox" is an extreme example of someone who respects those in | > eulogy and in power and disagrees in a cooth and educated manner | >

| > -- | > Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site. | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate
*sigh* Sexual Harassment.... in the workplace.... Now THOSE were the good old days!

Someone could tell a dirty joke, and it was ok to laugh. You could flirt, you never knew it may turn into something. A guy could say something as obnoxious as "Nice rack!" and a gal could take it as a compliment. If he was too friendly, she could tell him to go to hell or slap him.

Now-a-days, the libs have made the whole freaking country so PC that it's not a lot of fun sometimes.

Kate

| >> Democrats like it when folks stay in poverty, it is where their power | >> base comes from. | >

| > Repugs like it when people stay stupid and ignorant. That's | >where their power base comes from. Fear, ignorance, and | >hatred are also close allies of the rabid right wing. | >

| Dems seem to enjoy that aspect as well. It appears you have the | stupid and ignorant part down pat anyways. Committed sexual | harassment in the work place lately? | | At least a Republican will let you make a buck and keep some part of | it. Damn Dems want the whole damn thing so they can give it to | somebody else. No thanks. | -- | | If you under 25 years old and you're not a liberal, you have no | heart......If you're over 30 and not a conservative, you have no brain. | | -ZombyWoof-

Reply to
SVTKate

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Yeah, the days when a guy could walk over to his favorite female co-worker and grab her crotch are gone.

The dirtier, the better the laugh..

I've gotten lucky a couple of times that way...

Most do - real women are PROUD of their racks.

Been there, had that done to me (both; sometimes at the same time).

Oh hell, as a male nurse, I have to make absolutely sure that anything that I say cannot be interpreted in any convoluted way. I work with some old, bitter, divorced (man-hating) women who think that all men want is sex with them (there ain't that damned much alcohol in this world), and will take any comment out of context and RUN to HR about it.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Yes I have, Gaylord Focker, Male Nurse :-)

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

I always wondered who took home the ugly girls at the night clubs closing times...

That's OK, the ugly chicks need loving too!

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Chill dude, I was kidding.

Mike Who is 6 weeks away from his own nursing license.

Reply to
TurboMike
** Now-a-days, the libs have made the whole freaking country so PC that it's ** not a lot of fun sometimes.

Kate, it's worse than that here in Sucky California.

Around here, it is standard procedure to AVOID females in the work place, period. And I do mean, AVOID them. We have even been ordered by Management that we will be fired if we so much as change facial expressions in their presence. I swear this is true.

We cannot speak to them either in person or by radio, EVER, out of fear of both being fired and the company being hit with a multi-million sexual harassment suit.

Who wins with this bullshit? The gals feel alienated and avoided, and the guys are disgusted with all this nonsense. When the gals come within speaking distance of the male co-workers, all talk immediately ceases. Guys roll their eyes and walk away from each other and away from the gals. The gals get PO'ed and do anything/everything they can to embarrass or humiliate the guys, even to the point of lying to management out of sheer frustration, because no one will talk to them.

It's not just the libs anymore out here. It's anyone/everyone involved in this nonsensical scam. The only one smiling about this are the lawyers.

Would I speak to a female co-worker on the job? Hell no - I don't need a lawsuit filed against me if she ever gets pissed off about something and decides to LIE about some perceived come-on. Would I ever *assist* a female driver if she were on the side of the road and needed help? HELL NO! One cross word 6 months later, and it's off to court we go. I won't risk my job or my house to help someone who may stab me in the back later.

And who loses all of the equality they've fought hard to attain since the

60's? The gals, all of them. They've all basically shot themselves in the foot with all of this nonsensical sexual-harassment bullshit, and now they're paying the price. As a guy, I resent all of it. It's tough enough to just get the job done these days, without having to PUSSYFOOT around the gals.

Can't we just all get along? God, I hate California, and I can't wait to get the HELL out of here.

Reply to
JD Adams

Thank God - those are some massive thighs that Chelsea has, and in 20 years she'll look just like Hillary....

Got a job lined up yet? (BTW, RN or LPN)

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Remember me, I'm the EMT turned LPN who eventually will do the RN. I'm an ER guy so that's what I will do. May move to the Springfield, MO area and start hunting. May have to do some urgent care work first as most major ER's won't even look at an LPN anymore. I'm just not a Nursing home/small hospital Med-Surg kinda guy. Gotta be ER or some kind of critical care, so yes, I realize the importance of getting the RN done :-) BELIEVE ME :-)

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:25:56 GMT, "SVTKate" wrote something wonderfully witty:

So sad and so true. Hell just asking a gal out on a date nowadays is grounds for sexual harassment. I actually went out and got me a vanity tag that reads PCI8NT

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:25:19 GMT, "Ralph Snart" wrote something wonderfully witty:

No shit.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Very cool! I like that one.

Speaking of PC, the state of TN thinks my plates are offensive. I was thinking to fight them on this one, but since folks here are so different than they were in CA, I don't feel like everyone should kiss my ass... still brewing on this one though, it's the POINT, if you know what I mean.

Kate

| >Someone could tell a dirty joke, and it was ok to laugh. | >You could flirt, you never knew it may turn into something. | >A guy could say something as obnoxious as "Nice rack!" and a gal could take | >it as a compliment. | >If he was too friendly, she could tell him to go to hell or slap him. | >

| >Now-a-days, the libs have made the whole freaking country so PC that it's | >not a lot of fun sometimes. | >

| >Kate | >

| So sad and so true. Hell just asking a gal out on a date nowadays is | grounds for sexual harassment. I actually went out and got me a | vanity tag that reads PCI8NT | >

| >| Dems seem to enjoy that aspect as well. It appears you have the | >| stupid and ignorant part down pat anyways. Committed sexual | >| harassment in the work place lately? | >| | >| At least a Republican will let you make a buck and keep some part of | >| it. Damn Dems want the whole damn thing so they can give it to | >| somebody else. No thanks. | >| -- | >| | >| If you under 25 years old and you're not a liberal, you have no | >| heart......If you're over 30 and not a conservative, you have no brain. | >| | >| -ZombyWoof- | >

| | -- | | Wind | In my hair | Shifting and drifting | Mechanical music | Adrenaline surge... | | Well-weathered leather, | Hot metal and oil, | The scented country air. | Sunlight on chrome, | The blur of the landscape, | Every nerve aware. | | --ZombyWoof--

Reply to
SVTKate

Uhh... you been drinkin again Mike, or has she changed a LOT since I saw her last?

| | >shrug, I think she's hot :-) | | | ///Mike | 1993 BMW 525i |

| Pics of all the old cars| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Ok.. so now you don't like big thighs? Geeze... those scrawny women will gore you with a bone!

*grin*

Kate

| > >That's OK, the ugly chicks need loving too! | >

| > Chill dude, I was kidding. | | Thank God - those are some massive thighs that Chelsea has, and in 20 years | she'll look just like Hillary.... | | >

| > Mike | > Who is 6 weeks away from his own nursing license. | | Got a job lined up yet? (BTW, RN or LPN) | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Maybe, I don't remember :-)

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:39:25 GMT, "SVTKate" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Ok, now I'm scared :). I hate rocks. Snakes live under them.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Ah HA! Now I know the trick, I'll sneek up on ya with a snake.

Oh yea, riiiIIIIiiiiiight.. Like *I* am going to get that close to one!

Kate

| >But then, if the 9 or the 357 dont do the trick, I have a P97 Ruger .45 that | >would at least wake you up. *wink* | >and when all else fails, I'm dangerous with a rock! | >

| >Kate | >

| Ok, now I'm scared :). I hate rocks. Snakes live under them. | -- | | Wind | In my hair | Shifting and drifting | Mechanical music | Adrenaline surge... | | Well-weathered leather, | Hot metal and oil, | The scented country air. | Sunlight on chrome, | The blur of the landscape, | Every nerve aware. | | --ZombyWoof--

Reply to
SVTKate