Problem solved....(Was: Heater Core Return Fitting)

Well, retapping to accomodate a different fitting wasn't an option - could have cracked the manifold and would have ended up replacing the whole thing anyway.

Took it down to Sarasota Ford yesterday and had them replace the intake. They were really cool about it, even checking to see if they could do the recall work over again at no charge. But Ford said that was a no-go. I'll end up paying $650 which I bargained to include a lube, oil and filter change.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

Cracked the manifold ? with a Tap ?

*sigh* well it's fixed now. And you got that free lube !

Reply to
Chief Wiggum