when it rains it pours

Day 3 trying to put the exhaust on my car..got the headers and h-pipe on with ease once the front cradle was out. Had to dissconnect the EGR from the intake manifold but thats no biggie...HERES THE FUN PART...I put the cradle back together, everything brakes steering springs yada yada yada. i turn the key and all i hear is the a loud clanking sound...quickly turn the car off and lift the car again. I see the friggin oil pan dented in like freakin inches. I ask the kid who was "watching/helping" me do it...he said he didnt think the engine was supported suffieciently so he put a stand underneath the oil pan...SIGH! took the WHOLE entire cradle off again...dropped the pan. The windage things was hitting the crank it was so bad...thought i could bang it out of place...clean all the shavings and bolt it all back up...bolted the pan back up...half the cradle...turned the key CLANK CLANK CLANK...:( Sigh i love working for ford...ordered a oil pan under warranty... Tommorow it will be finished...i hope? And Kate its not that bad... for shorties...i would suggest buying a tubular K-frame and put them b oth in;)

Reply to
joe

Poor joe!

| Tommorow it will be finished...i hope? I hope so too, really looking forward to hearing you sing the Halleluah song :)

| And Kate its not that bad... for shorties...i would suggest buying a tubular | K-frame and put them both in)

and the reason for that would be...?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
joe

What kind of warranty covers an oil pan for that??? I want one...

Jim Warman

Has this same problem dropping the front end on a 02 GT. Fortunately for us, we were able to get the pan fixed. It took one crank for us to know what had happened.

Oh yeah, it was the president of the Oklahoma chapter of the MCA.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

ahhh... I see! thanks :)

| > Poor joe! | >

| > | Tommorow it will be finished...i hope? | > I hope so too, really looking forward to hearing you sing the Halleluah | song | > :) | >

| > | And Kate its not that bad... for shorties...i would suggest buying a | > tubular | > | K-frame and put them both in) | >

| > and the reason for that would be...? | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I work for Ford and I can't..... needless to say, illegitimate warrantee claims sap the lifeblood from the system creating extra trouble for legitimate claims - the bean counters will tell you this is quite true. You need to be wary of the attitude you present....it is one thing to lose a job... it is quite a different thing to lose your credibility.

I can say that we reached Gold level in the Blue Oval program..... This means that customers are happy.....even the ones that are denied these kinds of foolish warranty claims.

BTW... if you work for Ford, why does all of this seem so new to you? You don't understand the front suspension.... you fail to see the limitations of clearance in the engine compartment, you totally forgot the EGR system........ You work for Ford?? or a Ford dealer? ....no wonder so many folks are unhappy with the service from their dealer.... Now is the time to shit or get off the pot....

You are a rather puffed young fellow.... if we under-estimate ourselves, we will cheat ourselves..... if we over-estimate ourselves, we will have a hard time recovering.

Jim Warman

Reply to
joe

I'm not familiar with the term "c-tech" so I could use a little help, there. Here in Canada, we have licencing requirements....... four years as an apprentice (two months of each year is spent in a technical school) and you can earn your journeyman certificate. This varies somewhat from province to province but, if you're good, you can earn a "red seal" - the trade certificate is automatically recognized in all the other provinces without having to fulfill any proficiency requirements.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warman

Must be nice to screw something up and have someone else pay for it . I hope that this warranty repair is declined and charge back to you. Just because this is the first time you have done a repair doesn't mean that because you messed something else up it is not your fault.

Jim, A C-tech is the low man on the totem pole, probably same level as apprentice. Unfortunatly there is not any licencing requirements in the US to become an auto technician, if you have a wrench and someone will hire you that is it.

Reply to
Sustang

Where ever do you get your information? While that may be true in some mom and pop gas station along Main Street USA, all dealerships that I've been to use only ASE certified mechanics.

Now, if you're stupid enuff to take your car to Pep Boys, Walmart, and the million and one quickie lube joints, then you get what you pay for.

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

Hmmm...My information comes from real life. I've worked in dealerships where not only were technicians uncertified by ASE by unapproved by the state to be driving vehicles although they were certified by the manufacture. I have worked in a "Mom and Pop" shop that all the techs were ASE Master Technicians.

Reply to
Sustang

Riiiggghht.

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

Okay.... I had an inkling about that. Up here, our apprentices cannot work unsupervised.... that is to say, a licenced journeyman has to be on duty at the same time though we are allowed up to four apprentices for the first journeyman and two per journeyman after (my own take on the subject is that this is far too many but that's another subject).

I can't speak for joes employer, but Ford takes a real interest in Canadian dealers warranty claims. We are required to inform our service writers of obvious customer abuse. We are also required to document the repair in detail..... including the nature of the failure - all the while remembering that this work order just may be one that gets auditted.

It's obviously important to be truthful.... once gone, integrity is hard to regain.

Regards, Jim Warman snipped-for-privacy@telusplanet.net

Reply to
Jim Warman

The percentage of apprentice to journeyman is at the union / dealer owner's descretion. I know that I have worked a Saturday shift (or two) with crew of all apprentices. There is not a "ruling body" in the US to oversee but I am sure if any journeyman complained to the union the all apprentice Saturdays would be no more.

I know Ford (and Daimler-Chrysler) takes a HUGE interest in warranty claims, obvious customer abuse is not warrantable and must be noted on file copy of repair orders. I'd be curious to know how Joe's service manager "covered" a damage oil pan under the warranty. Normally, technician error gets written off within the dealership and goes against the bottom line.

Reply to
Sustang