Re: 2003 Brakes?

Nice wheels show brake dust. I have to clean my Cobra up with every wash. I usually just use a spray on / wash off wheel cleaner and it works fine.

Have a grand total of 250 miles on the lovely new blue & tan '03 > Convertible. Love it... > > Have already noticed a fair amount of brake dust accumulating. Both the > front and rears are already showing "stuff." > > Is this normal ... I suspect it is ... but just want to be sure. > > Down the road, when the time comes to replace the pads, anyone have a > suggestion for a "dust-less" replacement? > > Cheers!! > > Ken > >
Reply to
Steve B

Its normal for disk brakes to make dust. Especially in the first few miles as the pads are broken in by the rotors. It will get a little better with time but the dust is a byproduct of the friction...nothing you can do about it except composite brake pads but that's for racing...

Even the dustless pads will produce some dust, less mind you but still are not realy dust "less". When you replace your brakes you will have many choices....but you still have quite a way to go...

Serge

Reply to
Serge

Actually, if you think it's bad of your stang, you should see our Expedition!

Apparently Ford is addressing the brake dust problem, as it is very excessive and very difficult to get off the wheels (i had to scrub like a madman even using the wheel cleaner)...our mechanic is supposed to let us know when a solution is found (doubtful it'll be a recall but it will at least be a bulletin)...

- Nick

Reply to
Nick D.