Sagging door on 90LX

The driver's door sags about 1/8 -1/4" to the rear. This obviously causes the alignment to be off while closed. It appears rhat the roller on the bottom hinge is flat-spotted and just wore out. Question is: is this roller a replaceable item by driving out the pin and putting in a new one? Are they available from Ford or aftermarket? Any other ideas? Thanks! Jim Jax, Fl

Reply to
Skunkfeet

I'd be willing to bet that you just need to replace the pin and its bushings. A door hinge repair kit (available at just about any parts house) should be just what the doctor ordered. Plan on having someone (or something) help hold the door up.

JS

Reply to
JS

Aye, get ready for a days work :) You can buy the repear kit at ford, the hardest part is cutting out the old pin. I used a jack to hold the door up, worked grezt for me.

Vernon

kunkfeet wrote:

I just got done doing the door pins & bushings today. Summary: It's a real pain getting the old pins out, and the results are totally worth it. The door no longer sags, and lines up perfectly.

John

Reply to
John

Thanks for all the replys. I guess a trip to the Ford Dealer will solve my problem (and some work.) Thanks again Jim

Reply to
Skunkfeet