Selling car. Seller protection

Hi, I want to sell one of my cars. I haven't done this in years as I usually trade in. I hear all the horror stories now days about scamsters and fake cashiers checks. I want to protect myself as much as possible. Requesting cash is not always realistic. I could verify the cashiers check. Any tips on how to avoid a scam?

Thanks, John

Reply to
JohnR

Go to HIS bank and have HIM withdraw and hand you cash (or cash his own check there)

Reply to
vince garcia

And just don't get rolled after... like those idiots that talk about their big winnings at the track or whatnot... I'd do the above, then buy a money order or whatever in my own name before I left...

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Mia

Or have him have the cashier write out the cashier's check to YOU while you are there. That's pretty common.

Kate

| >> Hi, I want to sell one of my cars. I haven't done this in years as I | >> usually | >> trade in. I hear all the horror stories now days about scamsters and fake | >> cashiers checks. I want to protect myself as much as possible. Requesting | >> cash is not always realistic. I could verify the cashiers check. Any tips | >> on | >> how to avoid a scam? | >>

| >> Thanks, John | >

| > Go to HIS bank and have HIM withdraw and hand you cash (or cash his own | > check there) | | And just don't get rolled after... like those idiots that talk about their | big winnings at the track or whatnot... I'd do the above, then buy a money | order or whatever in my own name before I left... | | Brad | |

Reply to
SVTKate