Some advice on noise laws

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:11:14 GMT, Bob WIllard wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well if idiotic logic is your standard of measure then I guess your completely correct.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On 23 Jul 2003 09:18:10 -0500, nytebyte wrote something wonderfully witty:

Fair enough. As long as it applies to cars that are inordinately loud either through their exhaust system or stereo system, I am in complete agreement. Otherwise to not apply the same standard makes one a hypocrite.

If you had followed my argument on the original post, using the argument that because a bike (specifically a Harley) is loud therefore it is OK for my car to be is rather ridiculous.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:21:23 -0600, Brad wrote something wonderfully witty:

All depends when it is loud and when it is not as well as how said loudness is accomplished. Pure straight pipes usually diminish power band because of the loss of restriction. However, I have seen & heard properly built exhausts that are not only loud but do improve overall performance. These units are tuned as well as proper adjustments made to other components such as carb jetting.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

And there are mufflers intended for race cars that probably increase performance too. They don't belong on the street. Peroid.

Reply to
Keith

I think the overall concensus is to have the rude, inconsiderate people that drive ANY vehicle with obnoxiously loud noisemakers of ANY sort strung up and beaten upside the head until they realize that we (the general public) don't care to be FORCED to listen to the noise they make. Can I get an AMEN!?

Reply to
Keith

A-FREAKING-MEN.

Andrew Croft

'65 Caspian blue 6 cyl> I think the overall concensus is to have the rude, inconsiderate people that

Reply to
Andrew Croft

AMEN brutha! You bet!

Just this morning I was deafened by some a-hole on a Harley with straight pipes. My left ear still hurts!

I've stood next to 6000 HP freight train locomotives at full throttle that were quieter than these freaking Harleys.

Reply to
nytebyte

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:18:08 -0500, "Keith" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Either or, damn spell checkers.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:29:43 -0500, "Keith" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Then sign me up. As long as it is all inclusive I'm on board. The biggest problem I had with this entire thread is it smacked off let's pick on one group. There are a lot more Ghetto blasters out there then Harley's.

Believe it or not I followed a guy home yesterday that had an 80's

4-door Impala/Caprice with a three inch exhaust and flowmasters. Also must have had that massive trunk filled with bass speakers as well.

I had the top down and my radio and a fairly high setting to compensate for the road noise. Talk about obscenely loud, I couldn't even think when I pulled up behind him at a light. Oh yeah and he was fogging for bugs as well.

Reply to
ZombyWoof