Someone broke the glass out of my 93 GT

Happened some time Wednesday night. Driver glass shattered, stuff from the pod was pulled out and lying in the seat, including registration card and garage door opener. However, as far as I can tell nothing was taken from the car. There were 2 pairs of sunglasses, CDs, a plastic cup full of quarters, a pretty nice stereo, flashlight, etc.

They also took the opportunity to open the garage door, as it was open when we got up Thurs. morning. But again, it doesn't appear anything was stolen.

If anyone has advice for replacing the door glass, I could use it.

Thanks, John

Reply to
jmvannoy

Junkyard or Dealer. I would point more to Junkyard dealers don't carry stuff that old BUT they may have one on the shelve collecting dust you have to call them Good Luck...

snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net/index

Reply to
Duane Totty

Any auto glass shop can install a new door glass in your 93 mustang for you. Unless you have the giant rivets and rivet gun required, I would stay away from the do it yourself method...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I wound up getting the glass replaced today for $140 parts & labor. I suppose that was money well spent. Especially since there's rain in the forecast.

John

Reply to
jmvannoy

That happened to me in the 90's while I was fixing a machine for a customer in Peoria, IL. Allstate had the glass replaced onsite in about an hour and a half with no cost to me. Not even deductable because they said it was no fault of my own. Might wanna check with your insurance company.

Reply to
nospam

Ah, the hazards of carrying liability only. :-) It's hard to justify carrying comp & collision on a car with a KBB wholesale value under $800. In other words the tires represent more than half the value of the car.

John

Reply to
jmvannoy

Good for you, yes it was money well spent...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody