Strut tower brace..

Will a strut tower brace off of a 95 Mustang GT fit on my car? I know I'll be drilling holes... but will it work? TIA. The salvage yard nearby has a 95 GT that just got in.. I already snatched the rear sway bar for $25.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires
Reply to
<memset

Installed the rear sway bar... WOW. What a difference! Been driving for a while now w/out a rear sway bar.. forgot what a bit of handling is!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

It ought to! Have them take it off, walk out to the parking lot and hold it under the hood and have a look! The 4.6 may be different than the 5.0 across the top. I know on Shug nothing but SPESHUL would do... little brat.

Putting in a STB is a great mod but a knuckle buster.. In particular, the bolts at the firewall. You have to trim the plastic valance to get it in there, that's fun getting off. Your fender wells may not be drilled and tapped either, again, a real knuckle buster. I used stainless hardware, so I dropped nuts and had a tough time retrieving them..

If you do it, I am sure you will like it.

95 | GT that just got in.. I already snatched the rear sway bar for $25. | | -Mike | | -- | A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT | Cold air intake | FRPP 3.73 gears | Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter | Full Boar turbo mufflers | Hi-speed fan switch | 255/60R-15 rear tires | | | |
Reply to
SVTKate

Mike By the time you're done you could have bought a cobra. lol excobra boy

Reply to
cobra boy

Maybe I'll let somebody else install it then... I will go see if it fits though!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

Most likely it won't. I had to buy an aftermarket one to clear the GT40 intake. The only way to know for sure is to try it. I'd ask and see if the junkyard will let you try it to see first.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I thought you were broke! It's not THAT hard... c'mon down on a weekend, we'll help you.

Kate

| > Putting in a STB is a great mod but a knuckle buster.. | > In particular, the bolts at the firewall. You have to trim the plastic | > valance to get it in there, that's fun getting off. | > Your fender wells may not be drilled and tapped either, again, a real | > knuckle buster. I used stainless hardware, so I dropped nuts and had a | tough | > time retrieving them.. | >

| > If you do it, I am sure you will like it. | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

it might not. The 4.6 engine is bigger than the old 5.0 pushrod engine. Might be sticking up higher too much for it to fit. I remember the 95GT brace being close to the 5.0 engine. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Hmm... I'll just go with an aftermarket STB then. Thx, Rein.