The Econoline To Breath It's Last Breath

Been around since 1961, seems 2013 will be the end of the road.

This 1977 model shows some of the bad taste that existed in the 70s.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

The E150, I've had a few. The first was a 1981 "shorty" that was converted by a friend who owned a van conversion shop. It had the

300ci 6 with a manual 3 speed. A couple of of sun roofs were added, nasty mags with radial T/A tires and some custom paint work. It was a great vehicle for towing my boat, camping and traveling.

The last was a 1997 conversion van that I gave to my son a couple of years ago.

We don't camp or tow a boat any more, but we do travel, and our 2010 Ford Flex works quite nicely.

Fond memories of the E150s. Dick in MN

Reply to
Dickr

Which sucks if the Transit is the only option. I have a 2011 E250 and the Transit not only is just too small, I do NOT like how it sits lower to the ground than a Mustang. At least it looks like it from in the 250 or my Titan.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Are you confusing the Transit van with the Transist Connect? The European Transit van is pretty big. They have not sold those in the US yet, so I don't know where you saw one. See:

for a look at a Transit Van. See
for the Eurpoean Tranist Connect. In the UK Ford sells all sort of "vans," even a Fiest "van"
Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Oh. Yeah that's different. I was basing that on the Connect already here. When I pulled up beside one in the E-250 I couldn't even see the driver it was so short.

Reply to
WindsorFo