The GT500 Super Snake Appears with 725HP!

The Super Snake packs 725 HP!

Reply to
NoOption5L

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... The Super Snake packs 725 HP!

Reply to
Big Al

"Big Al" wrote in news:4632e8e7$0$501$815e3792 @news.qwest.net:

Not to mention the fact that the "limited" Super Snake is based on an already "limited" Shelby. So once again, Ford teases the public with something they'll never obtain.

Reply to
Joe

Very good question, Al! I'm sure they'll have to go to the aftermarket to get the tranny and the pieces to beef up the rear axle.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Does Ford sill put independent rear suspension in any new Mustang?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

No.

They might have to soon though.

Reply to
Brent P

Why wouldn't it use the same, perhaps only beefed up if necessary?

Nick :)

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

Beefed up how? You need bigger parts, axels bearings, housings, etc. if you want to reliably deliver that kind of power...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I hate to answer a question with a question but how is it the Viper GTSR is able to get away with it? The Viper's Borg-Warner T-56 six-speed is able to hold up stock to the 650 or so hp/tq however a racing version of same tranny is used to increase the performance even more. The rear is a Dana 60 with an aluminum case.

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

Amen, Brother!

Reply to
Michael Johnson

The GT500 comes with 31 spline axles and a beefer differential. It does use the 8.8 rear housing but even that can be built to take a lot of abuse.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

First off the Ford GT500 is not a Viper, and the Ford 8.8 inch rear-end is not the Dana 60. I have grenaded rear-ends, twisted axels, etc, I have never grenaded a manual transmission. At 700 horse power, I am not sure there is enough "beefing up" available to the 8.8 inch Ford rear-end, and if you are hammering on it with that much power, how long will that transmission hold up? The transmission may hold up, I guessing you would have to put a "larger" rear-end in than the Ford 8.8.to beef it up beyond what Ford is already delivering under the GT500.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I was comparing the fact that the Shelby GT500 and the Viper share the same transmission and wouldnt need additional work. As far as rears go Fords are notorious for their rears so they could certainly beef them up if needed and do a good job. Just look at all the 03-04 Cobra's that are pushing out over

600plus hp with stock Ford straight axle rears. Not to sure if their IRS would hold up.
Reply to
Nicholas Anthony