Tri-Ax

Hey All,

I've noticed that a lot of Stangers are using the Tri-Ax. Could anyone give a rundown of its performance vs. stock? And are there any favored over the Tri-ax?

And most importantly, would it be worth it for me to get one? :)

Thanks!

Greg Browne '96 Vee-Siques Mods: Metal plate in my head adds 1 HP to surrounding traffic... :D

  • Oceanic Consulting Corporation *
  • Current Work Term 1 of 6 *
  • Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science *
  • Memorial University of Newfoundland *
  • Academic Term 2 of 8 Completed *
  • snipped-for-privacy@engr.mun.ca *
Greg Browne

Greg Browne wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@tera.engr.mun.ca:

Hey Greg,

I just put a TriAx in my '92 last week. So far I love it. The shifts are much more crisp than stock and you will now never miss a 2-3 shift.

I've got the handle in the lower position, the throws are shorter than stock, but not as short as I'd thought they'd be. Looks much cooler than stock with the shorter handle.

A typical install would be very straight forward. I, unfortunately, had some issues with the top right boot cover screw...damn thing would not turn, ended up stripping it and using a drill and chisel to knock the head off. :(

All in all, I think it is very much worth getting. Makes rowing through the gears much more fun.

Darren

Reply to
Pheare

I love mine and it has been in now a few months. I've not bent a shift fork since I put it in nor have I missed 3rd since. All in all it has been excellent.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

I have a Tri-Ax on my Cobra. It has made a real difference in shifting, particularly that quick 2nd to

3rd shift, whick is pretty sloppy with the stock shifter.

It was really a tossup for me which to choose, the Tri-Ax or the Pro 5.0, I decided on Steeda, because I have other Steeda parts on my car.

It is an easy install, and a great bang for the buck. Just take your time, read the destructions all the way through before you start - and don't manhandle it when you put it in.

Kate

| > I've noticed that a lot of Stangers are using the Tri-Ax. Could anyone | > give a rundown of its performance vs. stock? And are there any favored | > over the Tri-ax? | >

| > And most importantly, would it be worth it for me to get one? :) | >

| > Thanks! | >

| > Greg Browne | > '96 Vee-Siques | > Mods: Metal plate in my head adds 1 HP to surrounding traffic... :D | | |

Reply to
SVTKate