Welding

I bought a 70 amp welder from walmart for like $90 (got lincoln electric welding gloves for $10)... toyed with it.. took me a while to figure out how to get the thing to freakin weld.. but it's definitely neat. Kept the fire extinguisher at hand while welding. Pretty neat. I'll toy around with it some more later. Thought I'd share.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors
Reply to
<memset

Have fun Mike. The only thing I don't like about arc welders is the spatter. Oh' and I hope you're using a welding helmet.

Reply to
Mark

I bought a 110v wire feed welder from Harbor Freight a few years ago. It was on sale for $100, so I said why not? I use that thing all the time! It's great for making little brackets, welding muffler tubing, etc. A littel practice and you can make some pretty nice welds - for an amature. Don't know why I didn't buy one sooner. Recently, I used it to weld in some sub frame connectors on my '66. It took a while, since it was a hot day. But it worked pretty good.

Reply to
boB

Try

See if this brings back any memories.

///Mike TS #63

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars - Newly updated
Reply to
TurboMike

I recently bought a Lincoln weldpack 150 from home depot. I haven't tried it yet but I usually use a tig in my shop. I'm considering building a rotisserie.

Reply to
Mark

Awesome. I'm having a blast w/ this welder.