1987 300zx won't start!

Just got my old 300 about two months ago, was working fine, replaced fuel filter wires, rotor and distributor cap and started cleaning and some restoration. About a week ago went to work park the car and when I came back about a hour after the car just won't start. Checked again wires rotor and everything looks normal. After trying several minutes the car started again and went home. The car in low rpm works fine however when press gas hesitates.My car is now home and still unable to make it work. Car has about 147k. trying to start and when releasing ignition key sounds like it's trying but that's it. Found one vacum hose broken, replaced but still with the problem. Any coments will be appreciated thanks group...

Reply to
hreyesg

Any spark when it won't start? Common problem is for the guts of the distributor to crap out.

Reply to
Steve T

Yes, I do have spark in plugs and fuel supply is ok I guess pressure regulator is ok looks new.

Reply to
hreyesg

Yesterday checked fuel supply and it's fine pressure regulator I'm guessing it's fine looks new. Trying to start car several times and it did in the begining hesitating in low rpm it's ok but if gas is pressed car responds bad like bad spark plugs? Now, 2 or 3 weeks ago tried replace spark plug in shop they try but didn't do it because they are really hard to take off and the mechanic don't want to do something to head.

Reply to
hreyesg

If you have spark and fuel pressure, the next thing to check is if the injectors are firing. Hook a noid light to it.

Reply to
Jim

It's hard to tell from your description. Coments like "responds like bad spark plugs" doesn't mean much. I doubt the plugs would just die i.e. run fine one day and the car not start the next. Unless they are bosch platinums then that is likely the cause!

Sounds more like the MAS sensor is flaking out, try unplugging it and see if the car starts and runs OK up to 2200 RPM. Could be a bad EFI temp sending unit or the conection to it as well. And at some point the plugs will have to be replaced even if it does damage the head removing them. Good luck!

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
john smith