1995 300ZX question

Just bought a 1995 ZX and going through what works and what does not. I had an '84 that was the most well engineed car I ever owned - got 236K miles out of it driving everyday for 12 years. I Really have two questions on the '95.

  1. Fuse box is under the hood - do not see a fuse marked for cigarette lighter. Somebody please clue me in. Also how do you open the fuse box - appears to be a flathead screwdriver twist but not sure?

  1. How do you take the old lighter assembly out and install a replacement?

Any advice appreciated.

Reply to
Bill Delmore

Where you located? My best advice is to hook up with 2 things. A service manual (while they are available), and the local Z-Car club. Both with help you out with these sort of things, and usually end up saving you tons of cash on various little items.

On the other hand, joining a car club is an almost sure-fire way to get the modding bug... and that's usually bad on inbound cash flow.

Reply to
Tobias Weingartner

There is another fuse box below the dash on the drivers side, near the hood release. I would suggest you go to

and read the FAQ and use the search function. You will find answers to 95% of the questions you have about your car on that site. Congratulations on your purchase, they are fantastic cars.

Dustin

Reply to
Me

Thank You both. I will check. The owners manual mentioned something like that but I was looking for a fuse box on the wall like I had on my '84. This bugger appears to be tucked up underneath the dash.

Reply to
Bill Delmore

There is another one down in the drivers footwell, get an owners manual and read it! :-)

Reply to
Steve T

It's under a cover on the driver kick panel. You pull UP on it and it slides out.

Reply to
Steve T

Thank you - I found it above the foot rest. I have an owners manual - which says it is located next to the hood release - this is a long way from that hood release pull. That is what was so puzzling.

Reply to
Bill Delmore