Re: 350Z At The Car Wash ???

I read an article on my350z.com about a guy that tried it and it wouldn't go through without damage. So for me, it's always been and always be the wash by hand/Zaino method. In a pinch, you could go to the do-it-yourself spray-wand type.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Jones

I've noticed the front end catches a lot of bugs at night because those Zenon lights draw bugs like crazy. I spent quite a while this afternoon cleaning the front end. A bra would probably damage the front end in the long run too.

Reply to
John Cryder

I have taken to using a used non-stick pan scourer sponge to shift bug splat. If it don't scratch teflon when new it won't do much to paint when it's used.

Reply to
Peter Hill

high pressure can deal with that... that is what I use. it gets the bugs off....

but yeah I think its cuz the bumper is HUGE... ever really look at that... that is a lot of space.

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Will splattered bugs ruin the paint if left on the car for a length of time?

Reply to
Mike Sims

Rate of attack depends on how corrosive / acidic the bug is - some use very strong acid as a weapon. Bird shit can eat top coat too - if it's eaten a lot of acid fruit. Eggs don't do the paint any good either. Tree sap.....

Reply to
Peter Hill

Big bumper = lots of room for the FMIC of my ATI Super Charger!

Reply to
Paul Maxson
<Will splattered bugs ruin the paint if left on the car for a length of time?

It blemished the paint on the front of my IROC-Z

Reply to
John Cryder

Reply to
KINGLIFER