Selling my Z - price questions

Hi folks,

I have a 1979 290zx that I'm going to be selling. The engine is in good shape and the transmission was replaced in 1998 and hasn't had too much mileage since then. The paint is faded and scratched by the driver's door (keyed) and the interior is original, so it's faded and cracked in some places and in general not in the best condition. It's got a pull out am/fm stereo, wired for fog lights, and a full size spare tire. And it does not have rust problems.

The problem I'm having is that I'm not sure what to sell it for. The reason that I'm not sure what to sell it for is that the car has a salvaged title from an accident that happen in 1999 (right after I replaced the transmission). I had it repaired and painted and have the paperwork showing what was done. I've driven it plenty of times since then and it's still a great car, but with the salvage title, don't know what to ask for. I'm located in San Jose, CA and the car mileage says

86k (I'm assuming 186k on it). Any ideas/suggestions?

I appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Jer

Reply to
Jericho

$1000 would be lucky IMHO from what you described. These cars still aren't bringing much money in REALLY good shape and almost all of them run good as the engines are almost indestructible. The salvage title isn't going to help matters either.

Reply to
Steve T

Yeah, keep it around and running for backup. (like me) It's still a baby at that mileage. ;-)

Really good ones in nice shape are selling for 2000 - 3000 on ebay. I saw one started at 5000 (!!!). So lucky 1000 for a beat-up one sounds about right.

Reply to
freemont