'04 Quest jump starts but won't charge

Hi,

My '04 Quest battery seems to have died. The battery is only 3 years old. When I jump start the car, it starts right away with no problem, however, even after driving around for 2 hours on the Highway, when I try to start the car again it won't even crank. I'm surprised that a 3 year old batter would be so dead!

Does anyone know what else may be causing these symptoms? Like a bad relay or something? The thing is, everytime I hook up the jumper cables it starts like a charm.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
alexjlouie

hi, have the alternator tested to see if it is working correctly and have the battery tested to see if it can hold a charge. i believe that auto zone and advanced auto parts will do it for free. dick

Reply to
D.

Reply to
jpride_2000

depending on mileage you may be able to get a pro rated replacement battery from Nissan under warranty, or you can take it somewhere else and pay full price

Reply to
NissTech

How long do you think it should last?

What you should do is keep jumping it off trying to milk the last mile out of it, overworking the alternator in the process, so you can then buy a battery AND a new alternator.

Reply to
Steve T

How many miles are on the car?

Reply to