1990 KINGCAB PU

Want to install trailer light hook up.Have the unit but don't know how to connect to lights.Have a green wire marked turn signal Red wire marked stop Yellow turn off? What ever that means Black tail light White Ground I understand ground but there are SO many wires coming off the tail lights I'm not sure which to connect to which?

Reply to
R P

Without more detail about what unit or module the best I can do is direct you to some sites--

and
and
UHaul used to sell modules toconvert from separate turn light bulbs to older systems that used thebrake light for turn signals. Here is a link to a nissan forum--
This page has someinformation that may help you. If not just register with the forum andask for help there.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

UHAUL 3 to 2 tailight Converter Green is right turn signal

Brown is stop

Yellow is left turn

Black is Tail light

White is ground

Need to know which wires in tailights connect to each color??

Reply to
R P

on 9/17/2009 7:08 AM (ET) R P wrote the following:

How to check. Get a 12 volt circuit tester. You don't need a multi meter, just the simple one that has a pointed probe, a ground wire with an alligator clip, and a small bulb in the handle that lights when it gets electricity. Find the main taillight connector plug. It should be on the drivers side underneath the rear of the bed. Start from the taillight assembly and trace the wires back to the connector. Unplug the connector. Turn on the lights of the vehicle, and using the tester, use the point to check each socket of the supply connector to find the taillight circuit. The tester light will glow when it finds the taillight circuit. Do the same with each of the turn signals on separately, and the same with the brake lights on. You may need a helper to hold the brake pedal down, or you can use something like a board, wedging it between the driver's seat and brake pedal.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks Bill,did exactly that.Almost forgot to connect the ground after I had both Tailights buttoned up. That would have been bad as I would have thought I had something wired incorrectly.

Reply to
R P

Have tailights brake lights and right turn ssignal.On my connector if disconnected I have a flashing light when I connect to his trailer is goes steady green and light doesn't flash.It works on his truck and connections.At one point I had flash but no tailights.I had connected one wire wrong but turn signals are green and seem to function on my connector but not his?

Reply to
R P

Heres what I found in testing. When my friend hooks up his truck to the trailer all lights work on the trailer.When I hook my truck up NO left turn signal. When we hook up the accessorie tow lights that you use for towing a car and the lights hold to the car by magnet my connector from my truck works perfectly,all lights work. Now, I connected my truck back to the trailer hook up. As soon as I connect my light on my connector to my truck for the left turn signal the connector light goes out and the trailr light does not blink.I pulled the connectors slightly apart and turn the truck turn signal OFF. Now there should be no power from the truck to turn signal connector and the connector light IS out.But when I put my test light probe on the connector for the turn signal (remember I pulled the connector slightly apart) I GET power??????So I'm getting feedback to the turn signal connecor on the trailer from the tailights?Right?

Reply to
R P

Bad ground

Reply to