2000 I30 subwoofer

In 2000 I30, is that the subwoofer behind the rear seats next to the rear sunshade? If so, should it vibrate or give out any sound when the audio is on? Mine doesn't seems to do any of those things although all the other 6 speakers seems to work fine.

P.S. I am not sure how the subwoofers work so excuse me for a dumb question.

Reply to
Steve B.

Make sure your bass level is set at least mid-range... You should certainly be able to feel both air coming out the front... and be able to feel the enclusure thumping on the sub-woofer at medium volume.

Telstar Electronics

Pick your favorite music - something with a strong bass line. Turn your bass to max, crank it as loud as you can comfortably handle, get in the back seat and see if you can feel air moving from the speakers or hear "the rumble'" of deep bass. You could lay a sheet of notebook paper on the area where the subs vent to see if the paper vibrates (which it should).

hope that helps.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

So are you guys saying that it is the subwoofer behind the rear seats?

Reply to
Steve B.