Quest Opinions

Wondering if anyone here has purchased the new 07 Quest (which appeared recently)... an updated with some serious revisions over the 06 model. I'm seriously considering this vehicle, and having owned 13 Nissan's, I'm a pretty loyal follower. However, in doing some research, it appears there has been a level of negativity directed toward the Quest, although it appears the 07 version has changed most of those shortcomings.

The real question becomes, are you, as a Quest owner, pleased with the vehicle, and would you purchase it again were you in the market for a mini van? What model year do you own?

How is the comfort on longer trips? I'm a road salesmen, and I'm not purchasing this vehicle to haul children - rather, I want to be able to make road trips with lots of room for literature, and I also want to be able to load four adults and a dog for jaunts from Ohio to Alabama - in comfort.

Is this the right vehicle?

Opinions appreciated.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

My folks have an early '04. It was problematic, but my mother has 70k on it and loves the van. The '07 is a pretty drastic change, and for the better IMO. I sat in an '06 at an auto show and they actually fixed all of the things that bothered me personally (the '04 armrests are garbage), I'm sure the '07 is nearly perfect.

On the other hand, you could get an '06 Dodge Grand Caravan or Chrysler T&C for a screaming price right now. I'm not the world's biggest Chrysler fan, but if you were planning on keeping the van for at least 5 years (i.e. you don't care about resale), I'd be liable to opt for one of those instead and save myself $5-$10k.

As far as other vans go, the GM and Ford vans are total crap, and the Honda and Toyota vans are insanely expensive.

Reply to
Rich

Thanks for the response. I looked at Honda's, and frankly, the bells and whistles just aren't there, although it does get the best mileage of any of them with the new 6 that downpowers to 3 cylinders, and I must say, you absolutely cannot feel it when it shuts three off. But no blue tooth, finding GPS is virtually impossible, and it just wasn't as plush. Toyota's is priced identically to the Nissan, however bluetooth is not available and GPS is once again, almost impossible to find. (as it is with the Nissan as well).

My dealer tells me the $3K incentive is available on the 07 Quest, but I'm seriously questioning this... she's either mistaking, or going to reveal her error after we get further into "the deal"... so I'm going to contact my old dealer in Pittsburgh and ask them about what kind of deal they could offer.

I'm not totally opposed to Chrysler, just scared!!!! I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, and it just LOVED to go to the garage for repairs. I only kept it one year, and lost my ass.

Thanks for your response.

Willy

Reply to
Willy