86 nissan hardbdy z24 need help

i have an 86 nissan with a z24 in it. I was driving on the highway and it just seemed to stop going. I had it towed home and replaced the fuel filter. It runs now, but if i press the gas pedal down, it just seems to stop going. it idles fine, but i cant drive it. Here is what i fixed.

replaced the fuel filter,air cleaner,throttle position sensor,fuel injectors, fuel pump. Still same thing. Could it be my computer? as i replaced them, i tried running the engine. It has never changed? HELP

Chad

Reply to
Chad

Randy

not that i know of ill look in to it

Reply to
Chad

MAS, it's in the side of the throttle body if I am thinking of the right engine..

Reply to
Steve T

Years ago i had a '69 Ford Zephyr which would not go over 30 mph.It would get up to 30, then cut out. As it slowed it would power on again. etc. It turned out to be the ignition coil heating due to a short-circuit. So i replaced that and it never looked back. Perhaps something else to look at...

Reply to
jim