nissan pickup

i have a 1991 nissan pickup 2.4litre. i have a recurring problem. when i back off the gas going down a hill or coming up to an intersection it jerks and has the occasional backfire. what might be the solution for this.

Reply to
husky

Check the throttle switch adjustment/operation, my guess is it isn't closing the idle points or otherwise telling the ECM you have the throttle closed to shut off the fuel on decel. I'm not sure if these use a switch or a variable resistor type.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
James