92 Pathfinder Transmission

My 92 Pathfinder XE VG03E has automatic transmission.

It has always felt like it struggles to shift through acceleration; especially going up a 7% grade or more (tach goes up to 4.5-5k, sits for a while then a jolt shift). Do others see this same problem. Mine has done it since it was brand new, but I started towing some recently and was wondering if it got worse. Maybe I am just witnessing a motor power issue. Everthing else is fine, just wanting to compare.

Reply to
MM

If it is just a shift point issue and a hard shift, and it's been that way for tens of thousands of miles, it isn't much to be concerned over. Now if it slips as it upshifts then you got problems.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

When is the last time you replaced the transmission fluid? I replace mine once a year regardless...

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas