92 SE-R Hi Beam

Passenger side high beam will not work. Replaced the bilb and it still doesn't work. Tried bulb from the driver's side and it still doesn't work. In short, it's not the bulb. Tried disconnecting the plug a few times to see if it wasn't making a good connection. Haven't checked for voltage in the connector yet but wanted to ask if anyone else had this problem and if so how did they fix it. Thanks.

Reply to
William Michael Greene

Checked voltage this morning, not getting 12 volts to that bulb when I turn on the high beams. Any ideals? Also driving lights (fog) not working. Strange, I get 12 volts on one side, drivers (bulb looks good, good continuity but it still doesn't come on) and no voltage on the other side. Don't think the problem is related but wanted to throw that in if they are.

Reply to
William Michael Greene

I think they are fed by separate relays. Take a look at the relay bank.

Reply to
JimV

Yeah I agree it is separate relays but, I don't think it's a relay problem as the other side works in both cases. I think it's a bad wire or something like that. Thanks for the response.

Reply to
William Michael Greene

If your car has them, it might be the module for the daytime running lights. I had a similar problem with my old 94 Altima and it turned out to be some cold solder joints on the board inside the DRL module.

Reply to
JM

You can swap the relays and see if the problem follows.

Reply to
JimV

Not equipped with Daytime Running Lights. Thanks for the response.

Reply to
William Michael Greene

OK I will try that. Thanks.

Reply to
William Michael Greene

Reply to
hugoalan

Thanks for the response, I will try that. Could this also be the problem with my driving lights (fog lights)? They do not work. Put in new bulbs, get the green light inside on the button but, no fog lights. I know they are supposed to cut off when you turn on the high beams. Just wondering if the problem with them could be in the switch also.

Reply to
William Michael Greene