95 Nissan pkp clatters in 5-gear

Noticed that my truck in clattering-diesling when i go up hills in 5th gear... Truck has new-plugs-wires-distributor cap-rotor.. motor seems to run fine..

My manual says some diesiling is normal???? Says thats when im getting the best gas mileage?

95-pickup 4cyl 5-spd
Reply to
WWE 4 Life

sounds to me that your in too high (5th) a gear with too low of RPM's..

put it in 4th or 3rd - depending on th grade of the hill / mountain and your level rpm's.

what are your RPM's in 5th as you are climbing - I bet you say around mid

2's

I could be wrong - but dont think so - unless you have a failing cylinder - but you say the engine sounds/run fine.

Reply to
Robert

Are you lugging it? Like 2,000 and under in 5th gear?

??? It's not good for the engine whatever is causing it!

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
WWE 4 Life

Try high grade fuel and see if it goes away, if it does either the timing is too high or the combustion chambers are carboned up raising the compression too high.

Reply to
Steve T