95 Pathfinder

I just bought a 95 Pathfinder XE model w/82,000. I have some concerns one is the ABS and brake lights are on. I tried the brakes and the work really well seller stated that they have had no problems with the brakes at all. Another question is i noticed that there is a sight of oil by the right side near the tire. Please let me know if there is anything I need to be concered? The car is an excellent condition they just had the tranny rebuilt. thanks

Reply to
Larry4ny

the ABS and brake lights are on. I tried the brakes and the work really well seller stated that they have had no problems with the brakes at all. Another question is i noticed that there is a sight of oil by the right side near the tire. Please let me know if there is anything I need to be concered? The car is an excellent condition they just had the tranny rebuilt.

Sounds like a bad axle seal in the back. Definitely need to have it checked.

Definitely need to check the level of brake fluid in the reservoir. A low level of fluid will cause the brake light to come on.

Reply to
ppointer

I'd be worried about the ABS and brake lights being on. Your brakes may work, but the anti-lock feature isn't. As for the leak, oil can run along different components and actually drip a long way from the source. You need to see where it's really coming from.

The Pathpuppy is a great truck and 82K is just gett> I just bought a 95 Pathfinder XE model w/82,000. I have some concerns one is

the ABS and brake lights are on. I tried the brakes and the work really well seller stated that they have had no problems with the brakes at all. Another question is i noticed that there is a sight of oil by the right side near the tire. Please let me know if there is anything I need to be concered? The car is an excellent condition they just had the tranny rebuilt.

Reply to
JimV

As others have mentioned, check the level of the brake fluid in the master cylinder. If at/near the low line, that will trigger both of the lights (actually that just happened to me Saturday). Of course it's usually low because the front brake pads are getting low.

As for the oil, you don't say front or rear of the right side of the vehicle but I'll assume front. If so, it's probably just from oil changes, that's the general area where the oil filter is located and someone may not have been hosing down that area as they should have when they were finished.

Wil - still loving my '95 Pathfinder XE. :-)

the ABS and brake lights are on. I tried the brakes and the work really well seller stated that they have had no problems with the brakes at all. Another question is i noticed that there is a sight of oil by the right side near the tire. Please let me know if there is anything I need to be concered? The car is an excellent condition they just had the tranny rebuilt.

Reply to
Truck

Thanks everyone for your opinion. I am going to bring to the shop this weekend and have the brakes look at (I was told there new) have the timing belt look at and the rear axle look at. The oil that I saw (dry but it has been raining out so I dont know) looks like its coming from the passanger side near the front tire (under the car) about 2 feet in. I need to have the car over look. I bought because I could not believe a 95 with 82000 miles exsisted. Great deal just needs TLC.I paid $5,200 for it.

Reply to
Larry4ny