97 Sentra starting problem (tried the solution for flooding problem)

Hi,

I had a 97 Sentra automatic with about 70k on it. It was running ok with some minor problems in the past:

1) The starter sounds like it had difficult time to start but always succeed, so I did not fix it promptly. After awhile, it did not seem so bad until now(or maybe I ear neglect it?)

2) The AC usually runs ok, and is fully charged with freon. In those very hot day(close to 100 degree), the AC will stop working and just blow warm air out of vent. It seems to me a sensor problem. The engine temperature looks normal.

Anyway, the car was driving perfectly in one day, and the next day morning the engine won't tune over. It cranked and sound like a low battery problem. But the lights are ok, and I also tried jump and it didn't work.

Some posts in this group mentioned the flooding possibility. So I remove the A15 Fuel pump fuse, and floor my gas padel (to signal a flooded engine). The car cranked less than it did before, and then did not crank anymore (silent besides a fan spinning sound).

Then, I put the fuse back, disengaged parking break, and shift the gear from park to neutral. This did not improve anyting. Finally, I put the gear back to park and tried several times. Now the airbag light started to blink when I tried to start and a rapid "click click click" sound came out the car. It looks worst now.

I would appreciate your expertise and suggestion. I am not a mechanical guy but really would like to learn some about it before I tow it to a garage.

Thanks!!

Puck

Reply to
Puck Ja

It is fixed. Thanks for the speedy response from some sentra forum:

Good luck to some of you may have the same problem.

Puck

Reply to
Puck Ja

hello i have a 94 truck with the 2.4 i am working on right now and it has a lot of the sdame problem i CAN ONLY GET 2500 RPMS OUTTA MINE NO CODES STARTS AND IDLES FINE i checked fuel pressure with a t in the line its 43 with the hose on 33 with out the hose no problem there where do you start on the sensore with no code sensors are too high too just change i have posted i 3 different groups not alot of people know about these late model nisssans i promise you? try batauto.com when you find out whats wrong with youres it might fix mine good luck steve

Reply to
sparky70444