Arco vs. Chevron vs. Exxon vs. Shell vs. 76 vs. Valero vs...

Here's an idea: Next year we make your new truck have to pass next years test and when it doesn't pass you have to stop driving it.

This is the dumbest coment I think I've ever heard!

Reply to
Steve T

Brian.. I DON'T CARE how much soot this thing tosses out into the air behind me until it becomes embarrassing. Well ... that's not entirely true. Whatever exhaust soot that is normal for this diesel is acceptable because beyond that level, large visible amounts of soot is simply wasted fuel ($$$). BTW, I found the two problems with this truck that were causing the over-rich condition and made those adjustments. So I "FEEL" so much better about myself now. Don't you?!! ;-)

Have you noticed that over 60% of all new cars sold in Europe are now diesel? Shocking! Of course the current technology for controlling diesel soot and NOx is far superior to this old pickup.

Do I care that my puny contributor to the atmosphere probably offsets

20 Prius's? Actually, I'm counting on it! Do you care that a volcano or two produces more airborne contaminants than all of mankind in the past couple of hundred years? No. You don't even think that broadly.

AS for your asinine drivel about all vehicles of any age meet current new vehicle standards or be banned ... go suck an idealistic free range egg. The Democrats and the ACLU would never allow it. Doing so would discriminate against the "poor people" and minorities. So ... how dare you, sir! You elitist, racist, pig!

What do I do with my crankcase drainings? Well... I used to pour it in a hole dug in the ground. But that got messy. So I started taking the stuff to the reclamation center. Tidy but time consuming. But now ... with a diesel, I can meter a couple of quarts of old drainings into each tank of diesel fuel and spew it out across the landscape ... just like some trucking companies have been doing for years! How about that! I love this environmental anarchy! Don't you! LOL

Reply to
Philip®

$1.55 in atlanta

Steve T

I was in Orange County last weekend, about the same price. Now the SD county average is almost $2.23:

Monte

And it's the same gas that we have in the NorthEast for about $1.73.

Be sure to say thanks to the oil companies and those who help them gouge us in the next election.

Reply to
Bob

Did I say that? I said legally expecting a 2003 or older car to meet 2004 emmisions specs is absurd. I installed 1982 280ZX electronics (O2 sensor style) and a converter on my 1977 280Z to clean it up but you're saying I shouldn't be allowed to drive my favorite car because it's not as clean as a 2004 model? Sure there should be a -limit- on what any car can polute. Personally I don't think any car should be exempt no matter how old it is.

And yes I think the GAS HOG truck you drive should be illegal. I find it comical you're worried about polution but don't seem to care you're burning fuel like there's no tomorrow. Where do you think all that fuel you're burning goes? It might not be carbon monoxide but there are bad polutants being produced in direct relation to the amount of fuel burned. It sucks trucks are exempt from the fuel milage standards but obviously too many people are making -money- off of their popularity.

Reply to
Steve T

Are you "NorthEaster'rs" using the richly oxygenated with alcohol, lowest sulfur gasoline?

Actually, I don't *blame* the oil companies nearly as much as I do you people who persist in using oil to HEAT your HOMES. The divergence in refining capacity to heating oil always puts a pinch on gasoline.

Reply to
Philip®

| |Here's an idea: Next year we make your new truck have to pass next years |test and when it doesn't pass you have to stop driving it. | |This is the dumbest coment I think I've ever heard!

So you don't breathe much do you? I'm no tree hugger, but those of you who believe you have the right to pollute as much as you want are dumber than any comment every made. You are on this planet for perhaps 80 years. Those of us today have to deal with the smog and other crap in the air from the past 100+ years. Why should our grandchildren and great grandchildren have to deal with our crap? You are arrogant to believe it will all heal by itself. Flame on, you only show your ignorance for our planet's future.

Thanks... Brian Bergin

I can be reached via e-mail at cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

Reply to
Brian Bergin

Yes you are a neo enviro nazi tree hugger . Just own it.

First off .... pollution is not an innumerate "Right" so let's understand that you're spouting chapter and verse from your tree hugger religion.

Oh? How do you got about measuring the age of any given volume of "pollution?" How do you distinguish and identify some combustion particulates having come into existence 100 years ago vs. some more particulates having come into existence only 6 months ago? Do particulates have little ID and date of manufacture tags on them?

Why do I get the feeling you don't have any children ... grand or otherwise.

YOU are ignorant of the fact that the environment DOES heal itself. Just look at how soon vegetation returned to the downstream side of Mt Saint Helens after it blew its top. Every other volcanic destruction has been followed by similar rebounds. Do we need to review the cycle of rain water too? Do you recall all the doom and gloom predicted to befall the earth from the Kuwaiti oil fires? We should STILL be choking according to you Chicken Littles.

I said it before, I'll reiterate: The environment is your religion. You worship at the altars of all the pagan earth gods.

Reply to
Philip®

I've been informed by a Toronto resident that Canada is in the throws of just such idiotic testing. Whatever the new province emsisison level is, ALL vehicles must meet it or (a) scrap the vehicle or (b) spend oodles of money to gain compliance. But there is an age limit. Currently there is a huge move by residents to acquire from the US,

20+ yr old vehicles which are not required to meet these rediculous Canadian emission laws.
Reply to
Philip®

Reply to
David Rennick