Centre console Air Vent: 96 Almera

I have a 1996 Almera, and have managed to sort of break the centre console air vent -- the vanes in the vent no longer move together.. Looking in the vent, I can see a bar that appears to have come loose from the back of three of the vanes, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get enough grip on the bar to reconnect it and the vanes.

So, my question is, how does one go about getting the vent out? Or is there an easier way to fix this!!

Many thanks all!

Andy

(Please cc a copy to my email address: andy at neillans dot co dot uk)

Reply to
Andy Neillans