do I need a new transmission?

I don't know what is going on with my car! Last year, the battery started dying periodically- every few months, so after the second time it died, I had it replaced. After that the battery died again, so I took it back to the mechanic and they told me I needed a new alternator, so I had that replaced. Then a few more months went by, and it died AGAIN, so this time I took it to a mechanic that specializes in electrical problems and he told me it was teh crank sensor, so I had that replaced and the car was starting fine, no problems.

Then, this past weekend, I notice the car is shifting strange. I want to speed up and I felt like the car was pulling back.

Then I was on a side street and the brake light came on, and the car had no power to move forward but was still on.

I don't know if these are unrelated or what is going on! My car only has 55,000 miles on it. I don't know what's happening. Any advice would be great. I want to make sure I have an idea of what is going on before I go to the dealer and they tell me I have to spend a ridiculous amount of money if it's really not neccesary.

Reply to
lkowalski

You might want to tell us what year and model you're driving...

Reply to
JimV

You need a new non dealer mechanic.

Reply to