Fogging headlamps on 2001 Frontier

I have resurfaced my fogged lights at least twice. The condition always returns. Is there a product that protects the plastic lenses for a longer period than simple resurfacing?

I have also considered replacing the lenses if I can buy lenses that will not fog. Do they exist? I know some cars seem to have lights that are clear after years of use. Nissans are not in this category. My family members have owned a Murano, Altima, and Quest and all have exhibited fogging.

Kevin Avon Park, Florida

Reply to
Kevin Marsh

"Kevin Marsh" wrote in news:Jigbp.4869$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe07.iad:

there's a product called CrystalView headlight restorer/defogger that includes a coating you put on after polishing the plastic back to clear. It protects the plastic from UV. I used it on my Integra GS-R,and it lasted for a couple of years,then the car got stolen,stripped and torched,so I can't vouch for longer than that.

Now,I didn't use their polishing papers or compound,I used plastic polish I got at PepBoys,on a foam pad on my cordless drill. But I did use the anti- UV coating. From what I found on the web,plastic lenses have to have a coating to withstand the sun's UV rays,or they "fog" or craze. Once the coating wears off,then the plastic begins to degrade.

WalMart used to carry it for $20 a packet(the kit comes in a foil pouch),I'm not sure if they still carry it. It's also avalable online. The stuff is made in Boca Raton. CrystalView Chemicals,Inc. Myheadlight.com is the site on the package.

I have no financial or other interest in the company.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Thank you!

Reply to