Fuel pump replacement 1999 Quest Van

Hello. I need to replace the fuel pump on my 1999 Nissan Quest Van. I know some Nissans had an access panel for this from inside the car. I fear this
does not. If not, is the procedure pretty straight-forward? Thank you for any help. Steve
Steve L wrote:

It's never fun to drop a gas tank. The service manual is here: www.carfiche.com though it's not always available.
Yes, that one is currently unavailable. I will keep checking though. Thanks Jim.

Steve L wrote:

Alternatively, you can get a one day pass to the Nissan publications site and download it. It was $20 last I knew.
the tank needs to come down.
Replace the o ring seal with a new one
The job is a piece of cake

know
this
Anything particular to keep in mind besides the o-ring? There are couple gallons of gas in the tank. Besides it being a bit heavier, I suppose that is ok?
Thanks for your help.

get it as low as you can, drive it till the low fuel light comes on.
Use an OEM part not aftermarket... I know its more expensive
DO NOT over torque the screws that hold the sending unit locking ring to the tank, just snug them up, DO NOT use power tools