Help: left turn signal -what wrong?

My car: Nissan Sentra 2001. when I turn on the left turn signal, there are 3 cases:

  1. the car still running without break pedal pressed, the left turn signal indicator is flashing at normal speed.
  2. with break pedal pressed, the left turn signal indicator is flashing at faster speed.
  3. Gear shifting at REVERSE position, the left turn signal indicator is OFF regardless break pedal status.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Reply to
superman

Maybe a bad earth to the rear indicator. Try connecting an extenal wire from the rear indicator housing (earth) direct to the battery earth (negative) and see if results change.

Reply to
Mitch

Reply to
Larry Colombo

Check the bulbs for all the tail lights. On my Ford truck, a rapidly flashing turn signal means I've got a bulb out. On my old 4Runner, turn signals not flashing meant I had a bulb out somewhere.

Check the grounds while you've got the taillight assemblies out too. Bad grounds do wierd things.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego