I'm getting city milage on the highway?????

67,000 miles. No cover on the bed and the tail gate is there, I'm thinking of lowering it for the commute to work.( 60 mile round trip all highway) I do push it to 70 - 75 mph (and they are still passing me like I'm staning still) I also added 240 lb's of sand bags in the rear to see if it smoothed out the ride a bit. Which it seems to have?

steve

Reply to
steve

I love this response!

60 miles a day is a long bike ride.

This wasnt the seller telling me 24 mpg highway, It was the original dealer sticker which also coincides with info I found researching the web.

I'm not asking if you like the color which would be your opinion. I'm looking for facts about gas milage.

Are you suggestng I not even monitor gas milage and accept whatever I get without attepting to locate a problem causing reduced mpg???

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
steve

[...]

If you operate the vehicle under the exact conditions that the EPA uses to determine the estimated gas mileage, you might get close to the sticker numbers, although you won't go anywhere with the vehicle.

Bill Schnakenberg

And this is based on which scientific data?

Reply to
Jonathan

I would never tell you not to do research Steve.

What I am saying is that as far as I know, what you are getting seem in line with what others are getting.

When I was buying my Ford Expedition with the 5.4 V8, the sticker says 14mpg city, I did research and everyone was getting 9 to 11 mpg. I bought my Expedition and I am getting 10-12, so to me it's okay. I didn't go in search of the extra 2mpg the manufacturer sad I should get. It's an estimate anyway.

So research on but don't let that distract you from enjoying your beautiful truck.

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

And you wonder why the milage is 2-3 MPG low?

Reply to
Steve T

The extra weight might have something to do with the lower mpg. Are you running stock tires and is your speedo calibrated right? If you are running larger tires, your mpg will be higher than what you think it might be getting. My speedo is about 8% off according to a GPS.

- Dave

Reply to
Dave

I have a '97 ext. cab 4 cyl. 5 speed. 215,000 mi. bought the truck new work out of it every weekday. use mobil 1 religously. the truck gets 20 mpg with ac on in summer and 21.5 to 22.0 with the ac off. this is dallas driving 70 -85 mph. it will pickup 1 to 1.5 mpg if i keep it under 70. (really hard to do)!!

Reply to
boltman17