Large Oil Leak

Hi, hopefully someone can help me.

I have a 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE with the 1.6L engine. A while back, I noticed that I had a small oil leak. I didn't see anything. Over the winter, it became worse. I had my brother look at it (he fixes it for me) and he thought the oil pan seal was leaking. He replaced it, but it's still leaking. He looked at it yesterday and now thinks the crankshaft front seal is leaking. Is this an expensive repair? Is it difficult?

I use about 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart of oil every 180 miles. The oil come out only on acceleration, not at idle. Also, the rear of my car is blackened from what I assume is oil spray. The blackening in mostly from the center to the passenger side of the bumper, not the drivers side.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

Reply to
Steven Craig