Nissan 240SX - Gear Shift does not work in the morning

Couple of months back, I had put in a new Clutch system. Lately, I have hard time shifting into 1st gear or Reverse gear. Once the car starts moving, I can shift gears easily.

Any suggestions on what the problem is ?

Reply to
ZAQ

Pilot bushing dry or wasn't replaced, ever hear any squeeling noises?

Reply to
Steve T

DOT3 Clutch Fluid was 1/2 empty. After filling it to the max, it seems to have improved.

Question: Can I get just the Pilot bushing replaced ? Can I do this job myself. After paying $900 for a brand new clutch, Is it possible they never did the job properly .

How can I inspect the PITOT BUSING ?

Reply to
ZAQ

That sounds odd. It should cause any problems unless it is REALLY low.

Yes but it's pressed into the end of the crankshaft, you have to pull the tranny.

Very possible. They may not have replaced it, used a cheap one or installed it dry. Yes the manula says to install it dry but I have found they work and last much longer if they are greased on installation.

You can't without pulling the tranny.

Reply to
Steve T