Pathfinder - Intake Sensor Mod??

Hello all,

Just wondering if these "Intake Sensor mods: you find around Ebay really do work? Here's an example of one that's listed right now:

$52335449&category@926 From the picture, it doesn't look like anything more than a resistor jumped across two pins of the intake sensor module. I tried searching google to see if I could find any info on this, but came up short.

So if anybody has any experience with this, please post a reply. And if it is nothing more than a resistor, does anyone know the exact size of the resistor needed?

Many thanks in advance :)

Kevin G.

Reply to
Kevin G.

wow ,

starting bid for a 1/4 watt resistor is six bucks ?!?

gimmie a freaking break.

I guess P.T.Barnum was right, "there is a sucker born every minute" (this is no slam against you)

This is the oldest trick in the book, it will NOT give you any more horsepower and it Will decrease your average miles per gallon.

What you are basically doing here is "tricking the air flow meter into thinking a greater ammount of air is moving thru it and the ECM tries to compensate be increasing the injector pulse width.

don't do this mod . leave your pathpuppie just like it is and it will give you many years to good service

$52335449&category@926>

Reply to
NissTech

and did you check out his other auctions?

they all use the same picture, which is from a Nissan.

and he offers FREE shipping , Wooooo Hooooo.

This has rip off written all over it

$52335449&category@926>

Reply to
NissTech

Yep... no doubt a ripoff. I'm an electronics tech by trade, so when I saw the resistor I figured he was simply jumping two points of the sensor together -- and using the resistor to compensate for either voltage or current.

I ended up coming across a few posts on nissanforums.com regarding these little homebrew mods... and just as you had mentioned NissTech

-- basically just a bullshit mod that doesn't work :)

Many thanks for the reply... much appreciated!!

PS - Are there any reasonably inexpensive mods to be done to the pathfinders to give a slight HP increase? I should be content at

240hp, but you know how that goes... the more you have the more you want ;-)

Reply to
Kevin G.

I put on the SLR Air system and Exhaust on my 03 Frontier Am putting out almost 200HP and 218TQ. Estimated as you know due to no real way to ensure flywheel Pwr unless we pull the engine.

Reply to
ZTech

No shit ! I can buy a 100 of them for 5 bucks.

Wan't more power ? Buy a pathfinder with a 3.5L motor. Or trade it in on a 275HP Chevy Trailblazer.

In layman's words, wider pulse = more fuel per squirt. That doesn't = more horsies since your puppy needs to breath better.

Umm I don't share that opinion :)

Reply to
Mind Melt

And they call it a Speed Chip. They go on to say that this "secret mod" has been used by many drag racers on the track. What a load of bullshit. I have half a mind to email this crook.

Reply to
Mind Melt

Guess that why he has so many negative feedback. 16 of em in a year.

Reply to
pixiq72