Pathfinder Manuals on CD - Opinions

Hello everyone,

I see Pathfinder manuals on CD on e-bay and other sites. Does anyone have any experience with them? Feedback? Recommendations?

Thank you,

Tom

Reply to
User843839

You can download a PDF version for free at:

Mind Melt

Are you talking about service manual? I don't think you can download PDF version of FSM for free from the website mentioned above, but you can purchase 1 day subscription for $20 and download all of the pdf's to your hard drive. I don't recommend buying CD versions of manuals of eBay because you never know what you'll get. I payed $30 once for bootleg version of Mitchell On-demand software, which barely had any info on my vehicle! Regards, Viktor.

Reply to
Viktor

Take another look at the subject

Subject: Pathfinder Manuals on CD - Opinions

The original poster didn't specify which "manuals" neither did I.

I didn't know that. It's well worth it to pay $20 bucks for something that costs over a hundred on a CD.

Reply to
Mind Melt

"Viktor" wrote

I doubt that if one were to pay the $20 for a 1 day subscription to the nissan-techinfo.com site and download a pdf (Adobe) service manual that it would be viewable later. Adobe has included various types of encryption and protection schemes in their Acrobat products - including certificate based security which would be expirable. See

for details. I wouldsuspect that such technology has been implemented by Nissan to protecttheir intellectual property and in effect, force you to spend the $210on the CD.

I hope that someone can verify that I am wrong - I'd love to "buy" a service manual for $20 for my next Nissan! The $210/$295 CD/printed manuals are disturbingly costly. My '90 240SX manual was only ~$80 (which is collecting dust if anyone wants to make an offer).

-James

Reply to
James

I ordered the FSM directly from Nissan for my '95 PF. It cost me $136 US and included shipping. I received not only the FSM but a separate, almost as thick, supplement which included all the wiring diagrams. Seems like a good deal to me.

To send me mail directly, remove the xyz from my address.

Reply to
Warrren Pease