Plantinum plugs

How long do the plantinum plugs on a 97 Max last? @112K miles I think I need a tune-up. No, I know I need a tune-up!

What should I expect the Nissan service shop will charge for a Tune-up?

Thanx.

Reply to
RDN

If you got 100,000 miles on your plugs then it is time to replace them, the cost of a tune up will run up to $400

Reply to
Pacific Sun Automotive

the spark plugs in your maxima should have been changed at 60,000 miles.

this information is in your owners manual, which by the way most people don't read for some reason.

it is definitely time to do a tune up , I just hope the original spark plugs will come out without damaging the threads in the cylinder head or breaking the spark plug off in the hole

Platinum plugs cost about 13 bucks each and dealerships charge usually 1.0 hours of labor to do the job, so do the math

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
JimV

If they were anything other than NGK's they probably would be.

Reply to
Steve T

the plugs what causes them to cease?the miles or the time between changes?what if a little grease is applied to the threads when installing,what i the worst that could happen?

Reply to
96xekingcab

Slacker

Grease will boil and burn to acidic residue and coke. If you buy the right make they don't seize. The right make is NGK.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Anti seize compound,needs to be applied at installion.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Total BS. NGK recommends you =DO NOT= use antisieze or anything else on their plugs due to the rolled threads and coating they use. Again I've NEVER in 25 years 40 hours a week of working on cars seen a seized NGK plug with nothing put on them, even ones that have been left in for 100,000+ miles.

Maybe with cheapo plugs like autolites you need to put something on them in hopes they don't sieze up in the head?

Reply to
Steve T