nissan pickup speed sensor

is the speed sensor on the 96 xe king cab 4x2 gear box the same as that on

98 4 door diesel 4x4 and i notice there are about 3 sensors on the box which is the speed sensor as my speed ometer is acting up nb.the tranny was changed from auto to manual by the previous owner.
Reply to
96xekingcab

I have some recent experience regarding speedometers/speed sensors. Unless your situation is unusual, I think your problem is in the speedometer head - not the sensor.

FWIW, on my '94 pathfinder, the sensor is located on the bottom of the transmission, on the passenger side. There are a few sensors there. The speed sensor one was the closest to the front of the vehicle. In my case, a new sensor was $60 but I found one at a junk yard for $30. Replacing it didn't solve the problem. I traced the problem to a bad IC in the speedometer head. Unfortunately, this IC is not available.

If this matches your situation, you might want to check junkyards or Ebay for a new speedometer head. However, be careful as the speedometer head is a weakness of Nissans of this vintage. In my case, I was able to implement a replacement circuit for the defective IC.

Marko

Reply to
Marko