fitting turbo on a 205 engine

Hi

What do i need to consider if I wish to add a turbo to my engine ?

I currently have a 1360 cc Engine but Im gonna get another one. And I have thoughts of putting a turbo on it.

Some advice would be appreciated fully.

thanks

Reply to
ronnyadonis

Don't know about turbos, but how about an XU9J4 out of an Mi16 or a BX

16valve?

It fits straight in the 205 Gti, so with a bit of engine mount jiggery pokery....

160bhp standard and 133lb ft torque....

-- R

Erm, everything.

If you need to ask, then you can't do it.

Reply to
Nom

"" wrote > ronnyadonis wrote: > > Hi > >

Im asking cause I just want to get some ideas from anyone that know

more about this or have done it before. Im not an expert at engines, I get people to do it for me, Im just asking so I get to know a little more about what it involves so I know people dont con me into buying things i dont need.

thanks !

Reply to
ronnyadonis

Wouldn't a better and easier conversion be a 406MI16 engine or a TI16 engine. This should be a lot easier for conversion.

Andy

Reply to
dreadly

Hi,

I agree with you on that, but if you ever find a T16 engine in a good shape, and at a decent price, consider yourself as blessed, and buy a lottery ticket ASAP !

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Can't you fit a turbo citrioen engine...?

Reply to
Paulinho

Hi,

AFAIK there was no turbocharged 16v engine fit to a Citroen. Still, the 2.0 TurboCT (XU10J2TE) could be a way to go.

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T