Remote Car Starter

I heard that Nissan cars have had problems with remote car starters. Has anyone else heard of this?

Reply to
Lui

It's not really a "problem." However, in order to get these car-starters to work with cars with engine imobilzers, the chip in the key has to be near the steering wheel ALL THE TIME in order to work - this defeats the purpose of the imobilzer.

They usually take apart a key and place the chip inside the steering column. A good quality remote starter installed by a decent shop will work 100%.

Reply to
Martin

I just had one installed in blackie. Works like a charm and no key needed.

See blackie at

-- Team EuroMeko

iBuyMinis.Us